Rexnet Subaru Forums: Borg Warner Efr Range - Rexnet Subaru Forums

Rexnet New Tags
  • 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Borg Warner Efr Range Billet Comps & low interia turbine wheels Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#41 User is offline   binny 

• View gallery
  • Group: Moderator2
  • State:QLD
  • Car:Twin Scroll :-P

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

View PostCameron_Datto, on 03 May 2011 - 08:28 PM, said:

you recon you are going the have room to fit this turbo in a R/H Drive set up ? they are a long big turbo . the USA guys don`t have the brake booster stuff to worry about .

26.4 cm total length from the inlet to the V band at the rear for the small ones (6255 - 6758) how long is that compared to the other stuff getting round for bolt on applications ??

Also been reading the tech document again - they are saying the 55mm turbine has the same spool characteristics as a normal 45 - 50 mm turbine (K03 - K04 borg warners) and the 58mm turbine offers better efficency and should be chosen over the 55 mm if "in doubt" of which one to get, both of which are designed for street applications with maximised boost response

thoughts on this ? especially the bold text wave.gif
Rexnet New Tags

#42 User is offline   SleeperGX 

• Amateur Racer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Forum Member
  • Car:GX Impreza

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

does anyone have one of these turbine wheels we can compare to an MHI or garrett, i'm assuming the overall diameter is bigger with more pitch on the exducer portion which will make it as restrictive as the smaller diameter wheel with less pitch, stinks like clever marketing to me. i think the differences between turbos these days is so minute the decision should be based on price and reliability providing it can flow the volumes required.
When choosing an engine, turbo, cam combo do the flow numbers yourself people.
remember, the maths doesn't lie, people taking your money and the ones on the internet do.
This will save you a shitload of cash and imbarrasment when your big budget mega build only performs on the dyno that belongs to the people that took your cash.

Keeping shit simple for 15 years and counting. :)

#43 User is offline   Dachopper 

• Amateur Racer

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:36 AM

Is go the 6758 :)
"The bullshit stops when the green flag drops"

#44 User is offline   binny 

• View gallery

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:36 PM

View PostDachopper, on 12 May 2011 - 07:36 AM, said:

Is go the 6758 :)

when ? ordered ?? results ??? :ohmy:

#45 User is offline   Dachopper 

• Amateur Racer

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:59 PM

According to the guys from full race in the U S and A, that have done some testing with a 1.8 liter civic engine,

BorgWarner EFR 6758 - This is the EFR turbo for R18's looking to drag race. The 6758 is recommend for those who have aftermarket cams, and possibly headwork. Capable of supporting over 400whp, this is one of the highest flowing T25 based turbos to hit the market and the only one of its size to use a titanium alloy turbine wheel. We recommend the 6758 for built engine street/strip applications looking for exceptional performance and the weekend trip to the dragstrip. It is more flow than a stock engine likes to ingest, so if you are staying stock motor get the 6258. This turbo is capable of putting an R18 civic into the 11 second 1/4 mile range.

I think .... this 1, or maybe even the next size down would suffice :)

6258 i think sounds like a VF28 on steroids

BorgWarner EFR 6258 - This EFR turbo is BorgWarner's answer to the need for a smallish "quick response" turbo that spools fast enough for autocross and road race applications, yet is still capable of 360-380whp. Using a dual ceramic ball bearing center section with ultra efficient 58mm Gamma-Ti turbine wheel this is Full-Race's favorite turbo to use with the R18 engine because it can spool as fast or faster than the 6255 and make much more power. This has become the turbo of choice for Honda Racing Development's CRZ turbo projects, because it's in boost as soon as the "long skinny pedal" gets the green light - virtually no turbo lag given the power level. Full-Race recommends this turbo for street applications that are not overly focused on drag racing, but are looking to blend great midrange/top end power with the quickest/earliest spool and fastest response. Expect a fast spooling ~270whp at 8-9 psi boost on a 100% stock engine and pump gas and 300+whp at 12psi on the same setup. If you are looking for a reliable and fun turbo setup, this is the one. Great on the dragstrip, road course and street. Oil and Watercooled, fittings/lines included. 3" exhaust recommended. This turbo is capable of putting an R18 civic into the 12 second 1/4 mile range

and this one ... Warner EFR 6255 - This is the smallest EFR turbo in the family, and recommend for Auto-X applications only. This turbo has a dual ceramic ball bearing, integrated wastegate, BOV, Gamma-Ti titanium alloy turbine wheel and forged billet compressor wheel - it is also the most affordable in the lineup. However, don't let its price fool you, this turbo is a fast spooling and responding unit. Generates a good powerband. Expect ~250whp at 8-9 psi boost on a 100% stock engine and pump gas. This turbo will max out around 320whp. 3" exhaust is recommended. Not quite as much of a "hot performer" as the 6258 or 6758, This turbo is capable of putting an R18 civic into the 13 second 1/4 mile range.

well... 320 WHP is going to be mid 12's in a wrx, so I have no idea why they are saying 13 seconds for a civic, unless they are talking about running 8-9 psi, 250 WHP, which should be into the 12's in a wrx also?

I don't understand how the 6258 could spool as fast or faster than the 6255, wouldn't a smaller turbine give quicker spool?

"virtually no turbo lag given the power level" also sounds encouraging for the 6258...

#46 User is offline   Dachopper 

• Amateur Racer

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:03 AM

Check this out
Posted Image

From here : http://forums.nasioc...2135597&page=42

280 KWATW on the 6758 :), I think it's on an SR20 ?

25 into 21 psi on either turbo

#47 User is offline   binny 

• View gallery

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

hello2.gif

actual results finally - good results too it seems (race engine on e85) both hitting 180 kwaw between 110 - 115 km/h I wonder what rpm that is ?

Also the boost and power curves between the turbos are a strange ?? the 6258 coming on boost later but making more power than the 6758 with less boost -

now taking away the Subaru factor (in power) would that be around 40 kw's or so ?? and the 25psi boost drop that to 20 psi another 20 kw's or so

I'm starting to like the look of the 6258 if the boost curve matched the 6758 (wastegate trouble possibly?? - there was talk of the wastegate opening @ 11 psi)

#48 User is offline   Red rocket 

• Amateur Racer
  • Car:My98wrx

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:19 PM

I wouldn't say that is that good as I hit 175kw at 115 in 4th gear on pump fuel and on a aussie dyno
Yes my car is fat as it just ate a V8 for lunch

#49 User is offline   AlexNorinh 

• Pro Racer
  • State:Victoria
  • Car:my01

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:09 PM

it is an aussie dyno (but is in nsw :lol:), and it's also an astra; which like many in line 4's, the turbo basically hangs off the engine. looks like a long ass gear too, which would load up the engine and spool it up pretty quick
Posted Image

#50 User is offline   Dachopper 

• Amateur Racer

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

View Postbinny, on 24 May 2011 - 10:49 AM, said:

hello2.gif

actual results finally - good results too it seems (race engine on e85) both hitting 180 kwaw between 110 - 115 km/h I wonder what rpm that is ?

Also the boost and power curves between the turbos are a strange ?? the 6258 coming on boost later but making more power than the 6758 with less boost -

now taking away the Subaru factor (in power) would that be around 40 kw's or so ?? and the 25psi boost drop that to 20 psi another 20 kw's or so

I'm starting to like the look of the 6258 if the boost curve matched the 6758 (wastegate trouble possibly?? - there was talk of the wastegate opening @ 11 psi)

I am pretty sure the Blue one is the 6758, and the orange is the smaller one

Perrin's testing showed that the EFR's took about 2/3s the time that a GTX in a slightly smaller size took to spool up from WOT application. That is 2 seconds Vs 3 seconds, hugh!

7670 20PSI by 3750rpm
7064 20PSI by 3350rpm 1.6 Bar by 3500

6758, If you follow the above trend, it's going to be hitting 25PSI at around 3000rpm, and have a superior spoolup against anything else.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Rexnet New Tags